Come Work at the Diamond P Ranch!
Our season is late spring, summer and early fall, basically, mid May to mid September.
We are taking applications for the 2019 Season!
You are always welcome send a resume for us to keep on file. We prefer you to email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. IF you don’t use email, please send it to 2865 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758.
Our ranch has many requirements to keep the ranch operating. If you are over 18 years of age, have horsemanship skills with a strong work ethic and not afraid of long hours for the summer months, and enjoy delighting our customers’ experiences we would love to receive your application and look forward to meeting you, and seeing if you are excited about a summer time experience in the mountains of Yellowstone. Please list any special skills that you may have on your application.
Our guides will need to have their CPR/First Aid certification. Call your local hospital and ask for the education department to see if they have a class, or call your local fire dept/ems as they may have classes. Or you can get certified online by going to www.CPRToday.com.
We are looking for guides, who will be independent contractors, with experience as well as extensive horse background. The main duty is the care of our guests, and upkeep of the animals and overseeing the animals on the trails while keeping your guest safe at all times. The Scope of Service for The Diamond P Ranch and Montana Independent Contractors will
include the following:
- Must have a current Montana Independent Contractor license.
- http://erd.dli.mt.gov/work-comp-regulations/montana-contractor/independent-contractor use the above link for information regarding becoming a independent contractor for the state of Montana. Go to the link highlighted as application and waiver form. Follow the instructions from there.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- The contracting guide will be expected to do everything necessary to conduct a safe horseback riding experience that will delight your guest.
- This includes: Guiding adults, school age children, and teens on trail rides.
- Gather, feed, groom and saddle and unsaddle horses on a daily basis.
- Teach basics horsemanship skills to your guests.
- Maintain, repair and clean tack to ensure safety for your customers.
- Maintain facilities, corrals, and trails to ensure safety for your customers.
- Help maintain and repair pastures, fences, irrigate fields, and care for the safety of our horses to conduct your guided tours.
- Care for sick and injured animals as required, maintaining the safety of the horse and ensuring safety for your guest.
- Strive for the highest level of guest satisfaction and enjoyment at all times.
- The ranch will schedule the summer activities as if all independent contractors will be at the ranch seven days a week. Independent Contractors will be responsible for their relief coverage if they are unable to attend one of their scheduled days.
- If an independent contractor chooses to break his contract with The Diamond P Ranch, he/she will be expected to give a 2-week notice and will be responsible for replacing their contracted position or expect monetary penalty for breach of contract.
Other requirements for Independent Contractors will include but not limited to:
- Experience with horseback riding and horsemanship.
- Experience riding mountainous trails.
- Preference will be shown to Independent Contractors who have experience guiding and delighting their guest in a ranch environment.
- Demonstrate control, safety, and horsemanship while riding on horseback at a walk, trot, and canter. A 5-minute video will be required to demonstrate these safety requirements before interviews will be conducted.
- Must be able to correctly saddle, mount, ride a horse, and dismount.
- Must know basic horse care.
- Must have a desire to learn more about horses and horsemanship
- Must be able to lift 75-pounds
- Must wear proper attire-including cowboy hat, cowboy boots, pull ups or lace up cowboy boots, jeans and western shirt.
- Must follow The Diamond P Ranch safety policies and procedures